Are you looking for a reliable high quality best cat scratching posts that your kitty will love? Today I am going to reveal some of the best scratch posts for cats.
The top cat scratching posts for 2021 are:
- PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical – Best Overall
- Midwest Feline Nuvo – Best For Kittens
- VETRESKA 41.3″Cactus Cat Scratching Post – Most Fun
- Amazon Basics Cat Activity Tree – Best for Multiple Cats
- Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post – Best Value For Large Cats
This guide is a result of 10 hours of extensive research. That may be a bit extreme for cat scratching posts, but it still matters 😉
If you have a cat, you need to make sure that they have everything they need to be healthy and happy, including something of their own to scratch on. Cats prefer natural sisal products of a durable sisal product to scratch.
The ultimate cat scratcher or cat scratching posts that are satisfying will leave cats scratchins when it’s needed the most. Like the times it helps them avoid going to the corner of the couch.
Scratching posts are one of the best cat scratch deterrent accessory items you can have. If you don’t give them scratching pads, chances are they are going to end up destroying the sofa, curtains, and a whole lot more in your home. Because cats need to scratch and claw, for a variety of reasons.
Top Popular Cat Scratching Post Reviews
These are our top picks for 2021 for the best for many different reasons. We love bringing your the best bang for your buck and we hope you enjoy these cat scratching post as much as we do!
We picked these for usability, quality, uniqueness, and those that we think will spark your cat’s interest. It’s so important to keep you cat entertained and nourished. And part of taking on both of these is having something for them to scratch.
1. PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical – Best Overall
The PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical Cat Scratcher and Post is a scratcher, a play area, a sleeping area, and a whole lot more. It can be turned six ways for a variety of uses for your cat, assuring that they are never going to get bored with it.
Your cat can use this for scratching, stretching, sleeping, and playing, and they can stretch at numerous angles, so all of their muscles get stretched out. It’s a perfect match. & that’s why we have listed in our list here.
- Size: This is not a huge cat scratcher, so it is ideal for small spaces. It measures 18 X 10.5 X 16 inches. It may not be a large scratcher, but it is huge when you think about all of the different ways that it can be used.
- Construction: The PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical Scratcher and Post is made from durable corrugated cardboard, and each piece is glued together separately for durability. It comes pre-assembled, and all materials are tested to ensure that they comply with international standards for pet products.
- Design: It is designed so that it can be used in many different ways. It allows cats to get a full horizontal stretch while scratching, and the cubby hole is great for play and exploration, as well as a good place for a nap.
- Warranty: If you are not one hundred percent satisfied with this product, or if there are any manufacturer defects, you can return it for a replacement or full refund. There is a six-month warranty on all PetFusion products.
Pros of PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical – Best Overall
- Price: This cat scratcher can be purchased for less than $40 and is of better quality than other scratchers made with similar materials. It will last for several months, even up to a year, so you are getting a lot of value for the perfect money.
- Environment-friendly: This product is made from environment-friendly, recycled materials. The corrugated cardboard is 100 % recycled, and each piece is glued together using a non-toxic glue that is food-based, made from starch (similar to a flour and water paste).
- Unusual shape: The shape of this scratcher is different from most, but it still allows for a full horizontal stretch. It isn’t a tall cat scratcher, but it does let your cat scratch from a variety of angles, and there are many opportunities for play.
Cons of PetFusion 3-Sided Vertical – Best Overall
- Shreds easily: One of the biggest problems with this cat scratcher is that it is too easy for cats to shred. This means that you are going to have a lot of mess every time your cat scratches at it. Be sure to keep a broom or vacuum nearby so you can keep the area around the scratcher tidy.
2. Midwest Feline Nuvo – Best For Kittens
The Midwest Feline Nuvo Grand Forte cat tree is the answer to your prayers if you have a cat that loves to scratch on furniture. Now, they can have their own piece of stuff to scratch as much as they want, and you aren’t going to have to spend a lot of money on it.
This is one of the best durable scratching posts that is tall enough for any cat to get a full vertical stretch, no matter how large the cat is. Let’s take a look at some of its features
Features of Midwest Feline Nuvo
- Ease of assembly: This is easy to assemble, so you can have it ready to use in just a few minutes. The pole easily attaches to the base, and everything you need for assembly, including the tools, are all in the box.
- Durability: The strong supports are wrapped in sisal, giving your cat a sturdy and durable area to claw and scratch at. The sisal makes this a very strong cat scratcher that is going to withstand many months of abuse by even the most destructive of cats.
- Sturdiness: This is a very sturdy unit. The base is quite heavy, which is going to ensure that the scratcher won’t topple over while kitty is busy scratching and stretching, even when they are reaching up to the highest levels.
- Warranty: This cat scratcher comes with a one-year limited warranty protecting you against any manufacturer defects. If you have any questions or concerns about this scratcher, contact the award-winning MidWest customer service team for fast and excellent support.
Pros of Midwest Feline Nuvo – Best For Kittens
- Comfort: This scratcher may not have an area that is specifically designed for sleeping, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t catch kitty snoozing on the base. This is because it is covered with a soft, furry fabric that cats love to get comfy on.
- Height: Most cat scratching posts are no more than two or three feet tall, which isn’t always tall enough for very large cats. This post is different than most because it is well over four feet in height which is one of the best features in my opinion.
- Great for climbing: Because it is tall, it is going to help satisfy your cat’s need to climb. This means that your curtains are going to be safe because they have something of their own they can climb on.
- Good for kittens: with the many textures of this post this will be worthy of getting for your kitty to grow into. Kittens love to climb and this will be a great toy for your kitty to do so. The soft top allows your kitty to climb to the top while they cat sit on the top enjoying their victory.
Cons of Midwest Feline Nuvo – Best For Kittens
- Sisal: While sisal is ideal for cat scratching posts, it is better to have sisal fabric rather than sisal rope, which is what this scratcher has. This is because the fabric is a lot stronger and more durable than the rope, and it can take more wear and tear. Sisal fabric also encourages cats to use the post more because it is softer.
3. VETRESKA 41.3″Cactus Cat Scratching Post with Sisal Rope – Most Fun
Cactus cat trees are becoming trendy. And looking at it I can see why. The green makes it a gorgeous addition to your room, while giving your cat something fun to play with. This cactus tree is made of sisal rope and gives your cat something fun to hang and jump on. It is one of the tallest cactus cat trees on the market.
Features of the VETRESKA Cactus Cat Scratching Post
- Cool design: This cat scratcher is very unique in design. It comes in 31″ or 41″ and gives a very cool look to your room. Now your cat can enjoy her cat post with this beautiful green rope.
- Multi-purpose cat scratcher: This post is not only for scratching, but cats can jump, climb, stretch, and jump on this. This will bring great entertainment to a single cat or multiple cat family.
- Study Base: Base is made with you and your cat in mind. It is made to be study to help support your cats entertaining needs. The sturdiness of the base will reassure your cat to play and use this post.
- Easy Installation: No tools are needed for installation. Just simply plug the branched into the base.
Pros of the VETRESKA Cactus Cat Scratching Post
- Size: This is one of the largest cactus cat scratchers on the market. With the 41.3″ your cat can stretch his muscles out and use it comfortably. Yet it’s not so big that it can fit in the average room without taking up too much space.
- Value: This is not just a cat scratching post. Your cats can climb, jump, hang, and stretch with this tree. This is no ordinary post and can bring a lot of fun to you and your cat.
- Sturdiness: Not only is this a durable cat scratcher, but it is also extremely sturdy. The base is made from heavy wood, so it is going to keep the unit in place. It isn’t going to topple over while kitty is stretching out against it.
- Made with safety in mind: climbing post is made of high qualified harmless PVC pipe and wrapped by hand with natural sisal rope.
- Design: This is no boring cat post. The shape is of this most is made to attract your cat’s attention, along with any guest that lingers by it. This is a conversation piece for your family and friends.
- Multiple cats: Even though this is one post, the design of this will let multiple cats play on this for hours. Don’t be surprised if your cats chase each other while playing who gets to stay at the top.
Cons of the VETRESKA Cactus Cat Scratching Post
- Price is Higher than most: While this is the tallest cactus cat scratching post, it is priced extremely high. The price can turn potential buyers away. So maybe when this becomes less trendy, the price will go down. However, can you put a price tag on uniqueness or quality? We still think this is a worthy buy despite the price tag.
4. Amazon Basics Cat Activity Tree – Best for Multiple Cats
The AmazonBasics Cat Activity Tree with Scratching Posts does more than I expected. It is also a play area, and a place where they can hide or nap. This is an all-in-one activity center for cats that is going to help keep your cat from destroying your drapes, and it isn’t going to cost you a lot of money.
This unit has two platforms for your cat to sit on, as well as three jute-wrapped scratching posts. Some of the best features include:
Features of Amazon Basics Cat Activity Tree
- Best Materials: Many different materials are used to make this cat scratcher, so your cat has a variety of scratching surface to scratch. Materials used include jute, corrugated cardboard, carpeting, and MDF, and the stand is made from compressed wood. All of the scratching surface are carpeted for best kitty comfort.
- Scratching posts: Some cat scratchers only have one post. This one has three, so your cat has options and isn’t likely going to become bored and move on to the sofa. The posts are covered in jute, which is going to stand up to a lot of abuse from your cat. This is a great option for multiple cats.
- Curved-top rim: The top section is ideal for lounging and has a curved-top rim so your cat can feel nice and snug. There is plenty of space for your cat to get comfortable, making this an ideal cat bed as well as a scratcher.
- Ease of assembly: This unit is easy to put together. All of the hardware and tools needed for the assembly are included, so you don’t have to go out and buy any special tools or screws. This scratcher has a screw-together assembly, so it is ready to use in a couple of minutes.
Pros of Amazon Basics Cat Activity Tree
- Sturdiness: This is a best sturdy unit that isn’t going to topple over, thanks to the heavy base and the way it is designed. Your cat can safely jump on this scratcher, play on it, scratch at it, etc., and then when they get tired out, they can use the top tier for sleeping.
- Height: Cats need to be able to stretch vertically, and your cat can do just that because this unit is plenty tall enough. It is three-tiered, so it has lots of space for your cat to jump, play, scratch, and more.
- Size: This unit may have plenty of room for playing and sleeping, but it isn’t going to stand out like a sore thumb. It is small in size, so it isn’t going to take up a lot of space, making it ideal for apartments.
Cons of Amazon Basics Cat Activity Tree
- Missing items: Due to packaging errors, your order may arrive with some parts missing. If this is the case, don’t hesitate to contact customer service to have replacement parts sent out. Parts that tend to go missing are the hardware and Allen wrench.
5. Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post – Best Value For Large Cats
The Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post is tall enough for most cats to be able to get a full vertical stretch while scratching, which their muscles need. It is 32 inches in height, so it is great for even larger cats to scratch at.
The base is heavy and sturdy, which means that even if your cat jumps up and pushes at the top of the unit, it isn’t going to topple over. Let’s take a look at some of our favorite features
Features of Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
- Ease of assembly: You can easily put this unit together in just a few minutes. The base and post simply screw together, using two screws that are included in the box. Screw the pieces together, and watch your cat enjoy hours of scratching, stretching, and fun.
- Sisal covering: There are many different fabrics that can be used to cover scratching posts, but one of the best choices is sisal, because it is so durable, and safer than carpet, which can snag and tear the claws.
- Best Square shape: Most cat scratching posts are tubular in shape, which makes it difficult for a cat to be able to grab onto it with both paws. The Pioneer Pet SmartCat is square, so it is easy for them to claw from both sides.
- Best Appearance: This is an attractive cat scratcher that will work in any room in your home. It is small, and can easily be hidden behind sofa, such as a piece that your cat likes to scratch (the post will give them an option so they will scratch it).
Pros of Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
- Quality: This is one of the best cat scratching posts that is made from very durable materials, so it is going to last for several months. Some cat owners say that their cats are still using this scratcher a year after they purchased it.
- Value: This is an inexpensive cat scratcher, costing a lot less than comparable models made from similar materials. You can get this online for less than $40, and it is also going to help you save money by protecting your sofa and other stuff.
- Height: The 32″ makes this a good post for cats who like to stretch. You would be surprised at how long cats can get when they stretch out, which is why they need a best scratcher that is tall enough to let them get a full vertical stretch. This unit is a lot taller than other similar models, allowing for plenty of stretching.
Cons of Pioneer Pet SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
- Slippery: The top of this cat scratching post is slippery, so it is not ideal for cats that like to jump onto the surface, which is most cats. You may want to cover this with fabric so your pet won’t slide right off. an easy fix for a well priced item.
Check out some ways to save your furniture with these playful toys
Conclusion: Which Scratcher Is the Best?
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of your various options and the price range for best cat scratching posts.
Any of the products we have talked about today are going to be great for your cat. Even if you live in a small space or you have large living room. Cats like scratching surfaces to mark their territory.
Scratching posts really all provide plenty of scratching area, and some even come with toys and a place to sleep or hide.
Check out our next article with useful tips to train a kitten to use scratching post. Here’s a video that you might enjoy.
Wanting to show your cat some love they can understand? Check out this video:
We have many more reviews and helpful advice to assist you to make an informed decision for quality items for your feline. Perhaps your searching to find out what is the best material for cat scratching post?
More questions about cat scratching posts
Here, we have answered some of your frequently asked question
How do I get my cat to scratch the scratching post?
To get your cat to scratch the scratching you can sprinkle some catnip on the post and into the fabric. Spending time around it and playing with your cat to encourage the use of the post. You can encourage your cat to engage with the post by placing treats at the top of the post. And be sure to reward your cat every time they use it.
Why won’t my cat use the scratching post?
Cats need to feel secure and if the post is not stable or sturdy they may refuse to use the post. It may also be the post isn’t a proper size/fit for your cat or there is not enough interaction with the post to keep the cat’s attention active.
Does a scratching post dull cat’s nails?
It actually does not dull them, but it does help to keep the muscles strong and exercising it helps to maintain their claws by helping to work that outer layer of claw off so a brand new, nicely sharpened claw beneath can come in.
We hope this post brings you some helpful information for you and your kitty. Cats can bring so much joy and we love being a part of you and your cat’s journey.